Adam and Eve is arguably a fictitious story about the beginning of man. This story has captured the imagination of artists through time in memory. Some of these images are simply the celebration of the human body, while others are about story telling. There are also many art of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden that have humor.
To me Adam and Eve is symbolic of many things. I paint Eve with the apple to symbolize beauty and the seduction of temptation.
Here is a collection of famous Adam and Eve paintings in History (not in chronological order, of course).
With time, Eve begins to look more beautiful and Adam begins to look less resistance. There is a shift of power, perhaps because of change in the attitudes of society in civilized cultures.
Love them or hate them, Adam and Eve is art. It is mostly likely fiction made up by centuries-old efforts to understand what life is all about. This story is also used to place blame on women while imposing male superiority. Art is a lie that brings us closer to the truth. Art does not provide the answer. Art is but a reflection of human perception and questioning. Art is questions un-answered. To believe in fiction or fictional art is like reading propaganda or stories made up by others. Are they truths? No. Truth is elusive. It found within.
As for the legend of Adam and Eve, everything is symbolic. Who has greater power the tempter or the tempted? Who is more superior? The tempter or the tempted? Which is really the stronger sex?
Hand painted reproduction – 32 x 29 inches / 81 x 74 CM – Jury Annenkov – Adam and Eve
Oil on canvas – 15 x 24 inches / 38 x 61 CM – Paul Gauguin – Adam and Eve
Hand painted reproduction – 23 x 32 inches / 58 x 81 CM – Max Beckmann – Adam and Eve
Hand painted reproduction – 25 x 32 inches / 64 x 81 CM – Suzanne Valadon – Adam and Eve
Hand painted reproduction – 25 x 32 inches / 64 x 81 CM – Emile Bernard – Adam and Eve
Hand painted reproduction – 12 x 24 inches / 30 x 61 CM – Erte (Romain De Tirtoff) – Adam and Eve
I believe in being proficient in a wide scope of subjects. I'm a generalist.
Generalization is a lateral development, developing the self (not focused in only one field) but across many different fields, abilities and skill sets.
After all, human beings evolved by starting out as generalists.
Specialization, on the other hand, is vertical development, deep in one subject it is like "knowing more and more about less and less until you know everything about nothing."
My articles are featured in these sites:
- Horse Painting – Freedom
- What is an Empathic Civilization?
- What is Mindfulness? An Infographic
- Zen Calligraphy
- Imagine: Lennon was a dreamer, but he’s not the only one…
- Who is Perfect? Everybody is.
- How to Overcome Guilt with Love: 3 Levels of Conscience
- Amazing Grace: What I Think I Understand Now about this Hymn
- Sandra Maitri: The Enneagram of Passions and Virtues
- Enneagram and Subtypes – Claudio Naranjo on YouTube
- Intro to the Enneagram: Sandra Maitri on Conscious TV
- Letting Go is Often the Best Strategy
- Movies Dramatizing the Lives of Famous Artists
- The Art of Paintings – Why we love rendering life in 2 dimensional images
- Paintings for the Home – Interior Decor Concept Images
- Meditation Prayer Painting – Taoism
- Somewhere Only We Know – Painting of Romance with Shadows
- Beautiful Paintings And Wellness
- Paintings of Chinese Devotion an Prayer
- Empower Me – Painting of Mary Magdalene Repentant
- Woman With Umberella in Storm Painting
- Slow Dancing Couple Painting of Lovers
- Tango Painting Romance Couple
- Mary Magdalene Painting – You Needed Me
- I Believed In You – Angel Art Painting
- Painting Romance – “Chances Are”
- Misty Romance 02 – Painting
- Rapture – Ecstasy of Love – Painting of Lovers
- Cider Of Eden – Paintings of Eve 5 of 5
- Eclipsed – Emo Spiritual Painting
- Un Sospiro – Painting
- Looking Out the Window – Painting
- dancer on stage ballet painting
- blame-it-on-the-moon-Painting of Angels
- Through The Rain painting
- Meditation – Painting
- "Winds Of Change" – Painting
- Famous Nude Human Figure Paintings in History
- Famous Paintings of Angels – My Favorite Art Through the Ages
- Famous Art Paintings of Lovers – Art Prints
- Traces Painting of child with Sunflowers
- Bird Come to me – Art Painting of Luck