J. M. W. Turner 1775-1851 was an English painter involved in the era of the art movement Romanticism. His painting style can be said to be Impressionist – although that term was only “invented” later, during the time of Monet.
Gorgeous, powerful landscapes and dynamic seascapes are the trademarks of this artist. So much is written about this great artist, that it would be futile for me to try to add any more interesting information than that which can be found in this DVD, Simon Schama’s Power of Art (Also available in book Form).
The artist is a master of light. With oils and watercolor, he renders his dramatic scenes using quick strokes of his bare fingers.
His subjects are often the sky and waterscapes, which he uses as the backdrop for story telling of historical events, often that of brutal turning points in history.
I believe in being proficient in a wide scope of subjects. I'm a generalist.
Generalization is a lateral development, developing the self (not focused in only one field) but across many different fields, abilities and skill sets.
After all, human beings evolved by starting out as generalists.
Specialization, on the other hand, is vertical development, deep in one subject it is like "knowing more and more about less and less until you know everything about nothing."
My articles are featured in these sites:
- Horse Painting – Freedom
- What is an Empathic Civilization?
- What is Mindfulness? An Infographic
- Zen Calligraphy
- Imagine: Lennon was a dreamer, but he’s not the only one…
- Who is Perfect? Everybody is.
- How to Overcome Guilt with Love: 3 Levels of Conscience
- Amazing Grace: What I Think I Understand Now about this Hymn
- Sandra Maitri: The Enneagram of Passions and Virtues
- Enneagram and Subtypes – Claudio Naranjo on YouTube
- Intro to the Enneagram: Sandra Maitri on Conscious TV
- Letting Go is Often the Best Strategy
- Movies Dramatizing the Lives of Famous Artists
- The Art of Paintings – Why we love rendering life in 2 dimensional images
- Paintings for the Home – Interior Decor Concept Images
- Meditation Prayer Painting – Taoism
- Somewhere Only We Know – Painting of Romance with Shadows
- Beautiful Paintings And Wellness
- Paintings of Chinese Devotion an Prayer
- Empower Me – Painting of Mary Magdalene Repentant
- Woman With Umberella in Storm Painting
- Slow Dancing Couple Painting of Lovers
- Tango Painting Romance Couple
- Mary Magdalene Painting – You Needed Me
- I Believed In You – Angel Art Painting
- Painting Romance – “Chances Are”
- Misty Romance 02 – Painting
- Rapture – Ecstasy of Love – Painting of Lovers
- Cider Of Eden – Paintings of Eve 5 of 5
- Eclipsed – Emo Spiritual Painting
- Un Sospiro – Painting
- Looking Out the Window – Painting
- dancer on stage ballet painting
- blame-it-on-the-moon-Painting of Angels
- Through The Rain painting
- Meditation – Painting
- "Winds Of Change" – Painting
- Famous Nude Human Figure Paintings in History
- Famous Art Paintings of Lovers – Art Prints
- Famous Paintings of Angels – My Favorite Art Through the Ages
- Traces Painting of child with Sunflowers
- Bird Come to me – Art Painting of Luck